An activity tracker, likewise referred to as a fitness tracker, is a gadget or application for monitoring and also tracking fitness-related metrics such as range walked or run, calorie intake, and sometimes heartbeat and also quality of sleep. The term is currently mainly used for smartwatches that are synced, in a lot of cases wirelessly, to a computer system or mobile phone for long-lasting data monitoring. Some evidence has actually located that making use of these types of devices leads to much less weight-loss rather than more.
Electronic activity trackers are essentially upgraded versions of pedometers; in addition to counting actions, they utilize accelerometers and altimeters to determine gas mileage, chart total exercise. Some likewise consist of a silent alarm.
Wearable sensors could identify abnormal and also unexpected scenarios, and screen physiological parameters and also signs and symptoms via these trackers. Medical surveillance of patients' body temperature level, heart rate, brain activity, muscle motion as well as other critical data can be supplied through these trackers.
Kids are a lot more interested in sporting activities, training and also general exercises. By doing this, as moms and dads we can present our kids to fitness relevant training sessions at very young age. Encouraging youngsters for physical fitness training not only make them healthy but additionally lead to sound and healthy mental state.
|Sqord Activity Tracker||Tracks pool activity||6 x 0.8 x 0.3||3.4||Check Price|
|Garmin Vivofit JR.||Water Resistant||2 x 0.8 x 2||3.8||Check Price|
|LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker||Equipped with quiet mode||2 x 2.5 x 1.8||4.1||Check Price|
|Garmin vívofit 2 Activity Tracker||Long battery life||8.3 x 0.8 x 0.4||4.0||Check Price|
|Orbo Kids Bluetooth Phone Pairing||Capacitive touch screen||5.1 x 4.1 x 2.9||4.1||Check Price|
Just how it functions
It sits quietly on your wrist: counting up your steps, monitoring your sleep, and also calculating the distinction between a light jog and a mad sprint. Yet how exactly does your health and fitness tracker come up with all those stats that appear on your Mobile phone app?
Merely talking, fitness trackers measure motion: the majority of today's wearables include a 3-axis accelerometer to track movement in every direction, and some come with a gyroscope as well to determine positioning as well as turning.
These sensing units measure the acceleration, regularity, duration, strength and patterns of your motion, taken with each other that's a great lot of information and also it can aid a tracker exercise if you're strolling down the road or just waving at somebody you recognize.
Why You Need Kids Activity Tracker?
Making use of wearable innovation is currently incredibly popular amongst adult; while little percentage of children have accessibility to wearable such as activity trackers. This message is targeted at moms and dads to inform them about the advantages of activity trackers for kids and why they need to obtain one for their children.
The majority of parents do not see the need to obtain an activity tracker for their kid; primarily due to the fact that they don't assume they're overweight and because of this they do not need motivation in doing more workout.
You don't have to be obese prior to obtain one of the advised activity trackers for kids. My objective in the next few paragraphs is to inform you the benefits of activity tracker for children and exactly how they can be of high value to your youngster's health and wellness; whatever his/her BMI (body mass index) is right now.
1. Healthy Way of living: I am a solid believer that you don't need to be struggling with a certain health disease before you begin to think of instilling a healthy lifestyle.
Activity tracker for kids will let you keep a close watch on your child's health and wellness standing. It gathers various amount of data based upon your kids daily tasks and present this information on a third party app which you can examine to earn reasoning about your kids health and wellness.
The average activity tracker for children will certainly have the capability to measure metrics such as; calories; actions as well as sleep tracking. Imagine just how useful this data would certainly be when you're creating a diet chart for your family members.
When you know the number of hours they invest in quality rest; you could boost their well being by doing things that would make them really feel much more loosened up.
If getting your children to live a healthy life seems nice to you; then getting one of the most effective activity trackers for kids won't be a bad idea.
2. Smarter Mind: Have you ever became aware of words; "couch potatoes"? It is typically utilized to describe those who invest the most effective hours of their days viewing tv shows as well as playing computer game.
A bigger portion of children prefer to be a "lazy-bones" than heading out to do some active exercise.
The impact of being a lazy-bones on the brain is not a great one. It decreases the overall ability of your youngster's brain to think fast and also come up with imaginative suggestions or options.
Activity tracker for children can aid your kids in doing even more tasks outside the resting space; and indirectly making them smarter since they are using a bigger portion of their brain to compete some constructive tasks.
Research has it that; athletes are far more intelligent than an average person that is not associated with any type of type of workout. The more involved your youngsters are in activities that need the use of their mind actively; the smarter they are. Activity tracker for children would get your kids to do even more as well as increase their participation in various other active exercise or tasks; instead of watching tv, playing video games or surfing the net.
4. Self Confidence: Allow us face it; the self-esteem that comes from being in a good health can not be exaggerated.
When your kids are healthy, they usually have the needed positive self-confidence and get involved in numerous things that are thought about effective for their age.
Parents would certainly want their children with full of self-confidence at such an onset of life.
As you have the tendency to do exercise together (with your kid), you stand a possibility of raising your parent-child bonding which is one more indirect benefit of the activity tracker for kids.
5. More powerful Youngsters: This additionally focuses on the previous point, I have been making right from the start of this article. Kids who workout are normally healthier as well as stronger compared with those that do not. The activity tracker for kids assists in inspiring your child to exercise even more as well as be much more energetic.
1. Sqord Activity Tracker
This little fitness tracker is ingenious. It is virtually indestructible, and there is no display on the wristband itself (less distraction for kiddos). The game-ification of play and activity is a big motivator, and kids really enjoy competing and updating avatars. It is very sturdy, and can even track pool activity. No charging is required as it can keep going for 9 months without any charging. You just need to replace battery after 9 months.
Kids simply love such devices and they won't take it off and keep running around the house, and constantly checking their score. Its features can be summarized here as:
- Motivates Healthy Play- Sqord Wearable Activity Tracker motivates HEALTHY, ACTIVE PLAY through fun game app for kids, allowing them to compete and earn points for everyday healthy activities.
- Fun For Kids- Sqord Activity Tracker tracks ALL activity and free Sqord Game App converts that play into Activity Points, unlocking rewards and features.
- kidSAFE- Certified- Sqord is safe for kids! kidSAFE-CERTIFIED means no bullying, no open chat, no strangers or safety risks and 100% age-appropriate content.
- Indestructible and No Charging Required- Sqord is waterproof and even tracks pool activity. 9 months battery life without any charging, replace standard watch battery after 9 months!
- Very Effective- 3rd party health system study with 5th graders found that kids using Sqord INCREASED their ACTIVITY LEVELS by 55%!
- Measurement- Measures 6 x 0.8 x 0.3 inches and weighs 3.2 ounces.
2. Garmin Vivofit JR. - Broken Lava
Garmin vivofit JR offers a hell lot of features that are easily accessed through a single function button. Perhaps MOST importantly it actually tells the time. There are so many fitness trackers out there which don't seem to care about the time! It also has: a stop watch, a chore tracker, task timers (like for brushing your teeth), minutes active tracking, step tracking, and a coin system for doing chores.
All this is linked to a parent controlled app which was very easy to set up and get working. It's great to see a company tailor their product for kids and not just re-size it, but customize the whole experience.
Garmin vivofit JR is water resistant, which means the kids can keep them on all the time. It does not need to be removed for hand washing throughout the day, and they can even wear them during shower. Garmin vivofit JR is also provided with a stop watch and a timer function.
- No Charging Required- Battery life of 1 year without charging.
- Water Resistant- Kids can wear them all the time, even in the pool or while taking shower.
- Compatible Parent Mobile App- All activities can be easily monitored through easy to set up parent mobile app.
- Measurements- It measures 2 x 0.8 x 2 inches and weighs 0.6 ounces.
3. LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker, Pink
The LeapFrog Activity Band encourages children to perform physical activities through fun challenges. Kids run, jump and play to earn rewards and get a customizable pet buddy that lives on the band.
LeapFrog Activity Band is packed with fun challenges and customizable play. Children can have an active playmate who’s always on hand. It provides the pool of 50 downloadable challenges to keep your child wiggling, hopping, dancing and having fun. It is the perfect motivation for kids to get moving!
- LeapFrog Activity Band keeps reminding to move by giving fun things to do at regular intervals. It displays both digital and analog on separate screens. It also tells time by speaking to help children learn to tell time.
- It is very versatile in nature and tracks kid’s movement. The more they move or indulge into physical activities, the more avatars they can unlock. Kids feel like playing with these avatars right on their wrist.
- It also gives you the comfort of putting this beautiful watch into quiet mode so that kids won’t get disturbed while relaxing or sleeping.
- It measures 2 x 2.5 x 1.8 inches and weighs 7 ounces and best suited for kids between 4 - 7 years.
4. Garmin vívofit 2 Activity Tracker
Garmin vívofit 2 Activity Tracker is one of the most versatile activity tracker which provides number of features. You can find detailed feature list below:
- Tells Time and “Time to Move”: This is one feature which I like most about vívofit 2. Kids are very active, we all know but ironically they are very lazy also to initiate anything. Kids might lose track of time and forget to move but trust me, vívofit 2 won’t. A red move bar appears on the display and a gentle alert sounds after one hour of inactivity.
- 24/7 Wearable: vívofit 2 follows your progress 24/7 and shows your steps, calories, distance and time of day on its easy-to-read, backlit display. Set the sleep mode when you go to bed and it will monitor your rest. At Garmin Connect, you can see your total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep.
- Water Resistant: vívofit 2 is water-resistant¹, so your kid can enjoy the pool or get caught in the rain, worry-free.
- Soft & Flexible: The band flexible and very soft to ensure that kids don’t get rashes on their soft and sensitive skin.
- Backlit Display: Comes with a backlit display. You can even see your stats in the dark as well.
- Keep Count: When your kid is ready to take the next steps toward better health, vívofit 2 has extra features to keep motivating. Make use of the activity timer to record a timed activity, such as a walk or run.
- Get Connected: Vívofit 2 automatically syncs to Garmin Connect, where you can watch a complete picture of your workout session.
- Long Battery: vίvofit 2 has fairly good battery life and can stay on for more than a year without charging.
- Measurement: It measures 8.3 x 0.8 x 0.4 inches and weighs 1 ounce.
5. Orbo Kids Bluetooth Phone Pairing Smartwatch with Rotating Camera, Pink
Orbo Kids Smartwatch: Education Meets Fun!
This is the best phrase that describes this wonderfully attractive smartwatch. This is a great watch for the little ones. Kids do have fun clicking pictures and swiping the screen. Orbo Kids Smartwatch is equipped with buit-in camera, instructive games, talking hippo, time master and other features which keep kids occupied for hours.
This multifunction versatile gadget offers tons of educational interaction.
- Capacitive Touchscreen- Orbo kids Smartwatch offers up to 16 different activities, a capacitive touch and swipe interface, and nice sounds effects.
- Bluethooth- Orbo kids smartwatch can be connected with a cellphone via bluetooth.
- Built-In Tiltable Camera- One of the feature which kids love most. Built-in tiltable camera allows kids to get into the shoes of photographers to Capture Photos & Videos and Save to the Watch
- Long-Lasting Internal Battery- It comes with a micro USB cable that charges the smartwatch easily from your laptop or desktop computer. Additionally, you can buy an adapter to charge the smartwatch from any standard wall socket..
- Measurements- It measures 5.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 inches and weighs 6.4 ounces.
What To Look For When Buying?
With numerous gadgets to pick from, it can be difficult to determine which one has the appropriate features at the ideal price for you. To help you with the ever-growing variety of alternatives, below is exactly what you should know before getting your kid a health and fitness tracker.
1. Know Your Objectives
Before you purchase a fitness tracker for your child, think about all the activities and establish what you'll strive for, within reason. You may set an objective for n number of steps a day, or to burn a particular amount of calories per day.
" Physical fitness trackers are inspirational for getting even more workout and living a healthier way of living," says Angela McIntyre, research director at Gartner.
For kids who are just aiming to get basic activity stats, could obtain everything they need from a fundamental action tracker, many of which will certainly give you the amount of calories you've burned as well.
Many physical fitness trackers are wrist-worn or come with a clip to hook the tracker to your apparel.
The simplest devices are the ones you can use throughout the day without really engaging with them. You'll have to inspect the application that the gadget is paired with to dive deeper into your information.
With more advanced (as well as pricey) gadgets come bigger screens, a few of which are touch screens, that allow you check out and connect with your information.
3. Water Resistance
Kids don't want to keep things away from them, which they love the most. They might intend to keep health and fitness tracker on all day, while taking shower or when go for a swim, going with a device that could deal with more than a splash of water is always a better option.
Nearly every physical fitness tracker available, tracks 2 essentials: steps taken and calories burnt. Several trackers also check distance travelled.
5. The App is Important
Many physical fitness trackers have a buddy app that reveals your synced information.
Some applications allow you to log the details of your exercise after you're finished. This is especially important if you wish to separate cycling from running from yoga exercise, which could make your kid's calorie-burn information a lot more exact.
An application's layout is additionally essential. Strong shades, tidy typography, an instinctive layout as well as charts can make it easy to understand your data. Those attributes are vital to a good friend app.
But don’t over expect, your tracker's app could not have the ability to track all of the activities you desire, however.
Health and fitness trackers are designed to sync with your mobile phone, but you must know whether the proposed device will work with your phone. Many physical fitness trackers sync with iOS and Android, however Windows Phone compatibility is uncommon.
Finally we have reached the end of our article and its time to wind up with final words. We put our sincere efforts to guide you through your struggle of finding the right activity tracker for your kid.
As people are getting more serious towards their fitness, this one product is something which all parents should get for their kids.
If you have any concerns regarding this, please write to us.